Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Game of Thrones Season 5 Party

{To see my season 4 party, click here.}


This Sunday, I threw my third annual Game of Thrones Party. (For the season 3 finale, we just got together and made a spaghetti dinner, so it wasn't worth documenting. We did have an Iron Throne peanut butter pie though.)


Since the episode was called The House of Black and White, I decided to turn the front door into the door of The House of Black and White. (Only the book readers got it until after the episode.)


I saved stuff from last year, so that made things a little easier.


Rachel and Travis got these coasters for Christmas, which turned out to be perfect for the party! (Obviously I want some too.)



I also made sigils for everyone again. I forgot to take a picture and we actually lost House McClintock in the last year, but this year I saved everybody's to reprint for next year.


Cady made a delicious cocktail for the party: vodka with muddled strawberries and ginger beer, called "The Ygritte". It was seriously good!


We were also able to snag two bombers of Ommegang's annual Game of Thrones beer, Three-Eyed Raven. Rachel said they had to ask for it because they keep it in the back so one person won't come in and buy their whole stash. It was pretty good!


Stephy made queso dip again to represent the death of Viserys Targaryen. It's always a hit. She asked me to save the card so she could make it again next year. Duh!


Rachel, Travis, and I are obsessed with this Greek yogurt jalapeno dip right now, so we had to have that too. I figured it was a good representation of the paste the Children of the Forest make Bran eat in the books. (Which may or may not be made from Jojen. Yuck.)


Apparently BBQ is the perfect Game of Thrones food. This year, I got the meat from Georgia Boys, my favorite place for BBQ. Burnt Ends are my favorite, pulled pork is a second favorite.


Golden cornbread for Cersei and Jaime, or as they're frequently referred to in the books, "Twyin's golden twins".


Last year, we had Ned's Head Potatoes. This year, it was Oberyn's Head. Too soon?


I had absolutely no idea what to call the cole slaw, but as soon as I printed the labels for the food, I realized I should have called it Cold Hands' Coleslaw. Too bad Cold Hands isn't in the show...yet.


For dessert, we had Sansa's favorite lemon cakes. I had this vision of these lemon cake bites that my stepmom has bought a few times, but we couldn't find any at the store! Rachel and I were able to find some other lemon desserts, so we had a variety. (Hey Robb Stark!)


All in all, it was the best Game of Thrones party yet. Season 3 had four people, season 4 had seven people, and season 5 had ten people. Hopefully next year is bigger and better!

Everybody keeps saying nothing is "happening" this so far season, but I love Game of Thrones for all the plotting and scheming. I have high hopes for this season and I'm trying to appreciate the show for the show and the books for the books and not get hung up on the fact that they're veering off from the plot line from the book.

||  Drogon & Robb Funkos || A Song of Ice and Fire Books || Custom House Sigils || Game of Thrones Font || Night's Watch Printable ||

No comments:

Post a Comment