Thursday, October 10, 2013

Ten on Ten :: October 2013

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month!
Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!

{12:00} The leaves are changing and the clouds are coming!

{1:00} Home for lunch and fall has arrived.

{2:00} For a little afternoon pick-me-up, I may have eaten a sprinkles donut.  But I may not have eaten a sprinkles donut.  (I did.  I did eat a sprinkles donut.)

{3:00} With a busy evening ahead, I had my working shoes, my walking shoes, and my drinking shoes packed.

{4:00} There's nothing like walking on a sidewalk covered in crunchy leaves.

{5:00} Getting my daily walk in for #50MilesInOctober and barely beating the rain.

{6:00} Pure Barre Boulder hosted a Bring the Men class this evening and while we (sadly) couldn't make the class, we joined in for happy hour.

{7:00} Enjoying a brand new brewery in Boulder with this stylish gentleman.

{8:00} There's nothing like coming home to sweet, playful kittens.

{9:00}  The day ends with a hot bath and soothing candles.

Just for fun, here is an ode to Ten on Ten:

I've been participating in Ten on Ten since July 2010.  I haven't remembered every month, but today was my 34th time photographing along (and my 22nd month in a row).  I have worked a lot of those days.  I have seen a lot of movies.  I have drank a lot Starbucks.  I have loved a lot of kittens.  I have eaten a lot of food.  And I've even read a couple books.  But one thing is for certain, I have grown.  I have grown as a photographer.  I have grown from a point and shoot to Instagram to--now--a DSLR.  I have learned to better edit photos.  I have learned to better capture photos.  (And I've even learned to sometimes make plans specifically for the 10th so I'm not always just doing my laundry.)  Ten on Ten has been with me and my blog almost since the beginning.  Sometimes I've wanted to sneak photographs while no one was looking and sometimes I proudly pull out my camera just for a good picture.  I've become more intentional about participating.  I participated every month in 2012 and I'm on track to do it again.  Each month on the tenth, I go through my old posts and see where I've come in my life and on my blog, and that might just be my favorite aspect of Ten on Ten (hence why I always link back to the years before below).

I don't follow a lot of bloggers who participate in Ten on Ten each month, but if you don't participate already, I urge you to start participating now and for months to come!  Finally, I owe all my Ten on Ten love to Mel from The Larson Lingo who posts every month and always has the best set of photos!

ten on ten button

5 comments:

  1. Ah, love those shoes, have a nice weekend.

    Katharine
    http://www.apparelnbags.com/jerzees/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I've never heard of 10 on 10 but I'll participate from now on! What a great reminder to be a little thankful & grow in photography skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your set! (and your humor! I definitely snuck a donut in yesterday too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to participate as often as I can. I love the idea, but notice that I tend to be a little more creative when the 10th falls on a weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete